Strategic tasks for municipal waste management in 1998-2010
1.To minimise the harmful impact on environment caused by uncontrolled waste dumping in unwarranted places and to offer waste management in areas which previously were not covered by waste management services:
- by 2002: to gradually achieve provision for 90% of centralised collection of all produced waste;
- by 2005: to gradually provide increase in the number of residents (up to 85%) who are provided waste collection services;
- by 2005: full termination of waste dumping in unwarranted places;
- by 2007: all residents provided accessibility to waste collection;
- remediation of all places of unwarranted dumping.
- by 2000 the number of landfills should be reduced by 50%;
- by 2010 ten waste landfills should be arranged that would comply with all sanitary requirements;
- to minimise the amount of disposable waste;
- to resume package recycling;
- to provide disposal of medical and hazardous waste in special sites.