Strategic Tasks for Municipal Waste Management 1998-2010
1. To minimise the harmful impact on the environment caused by uncontrolled waste dumping in unwarranted places and to offer waste management in areas which were not previously covered by waste management services:
- By 2002: gradually achieve a provision for 90% of centralised collection of all produced waste
- By 2005: continuously show an increase in the number of residents (up to 85%) who are provided with waste collection services
- By 2005: full termination of waste dumping in unwarranted places
- By 2007: all residents provided accessibility to waste collection
- Remediation of all places of unwarranted dumping.
- By 2000 the number of landfills should be reduced by 50%
- By 2010 ten waste landfills should be arranged that comply with all sanitary requirements
- To minimise the amount of disposable waste
- To resume package recycling
- To provide the disposal of medical and hazardous waste on special sites.